Adding Users to the Local Security Database on your Sophos XG
1. Login to your Sophos XG Webadmin console at: https://portal.yourdomain.com:4443 (use your enduser admin account, not the default "admin" user to ensure your change audit trail is meaningful)
2. From the main dashboard look to see if your system says "Sophos Firewall manager: us-xxxxxxxxxxx" if it does then TechNosis in manager your firewall as part of your services. When this is true we make regular backups of your configuration and you can skip step 3. If Firewall manager is missing or blank; then we are not managing your system and you should make a backup of your configuration before preceding.
3. To make a backup of you configuration follow this 6 click flow. Not that you will have to click on local a two different points in the process. (If you don't make a backup and you make a mistake it is highly possible that you will lock yourself out and half reset you firewall to factory default to repair it. This sort of error is a lot more common that it was on the Sophos SG system).
4. After the backup is done:
- Click on Configure > Authentication
Click on Users
5. Fill in each of the critical fields:
- Username: in all lowercase follow a standard when possible.
- Name: First and Last name for the user; (used in report and status screen)
- Password for the user to login
- Group - Web filter group that controls level of access to the Internet
- Quarantine Digest should be set to enabled for the users to get regular spam reports
- Login Restriction to Any Node
6. Click Save then test to see if your new user can login at the portal https://portal.companydomain.com:1443